The last few years I filled in my tax forms electronically using www.TaxOnWeb.be and authenticated using a Token.
You can get a token card quickly (I got it within 2 or 3 days if I recall correctly, but I heard it’s not always that quick 😦 …), and it’s simple to use.
But since I received an electronic ID a few months ago I just acquired an eID reader. I found one from LogOn (found it at 14,95€ and 19,99€ in another shop).
The ReadMe file noted: supports Win 2000 SP4/Win 2003/XP SP2/VISTA 32-bit operating system, but I installed it on a Windows Vista Business 64bit PC without problems.
How to install the driver. With administrator privileges:
- Do NOT connect the eID Reader yet
- Insert the driver CD
- Install the drivers (launch \installer.exe if it does not start automatically)
- On the dialog box This Program will be Run Smart Card Reader driver Install/Uninstall Process (YES/NO), Click Yes
- Click Finish to when the installation is done
- Then insert the USB cable of the Smart card Reader
- When the device is completely installed, remove the cable of the eID Reader again, for the installation of the eID software
Now go to http://eid.belgium.be/ to install the eID software. Just click on the eID quick install link (see below).
Run the file, and the installation wizard.
… continue the wizard …
Once this software is completely installed, you are ready to connect to TaxOnWeb using your eID. Have your eID PIN code ready, connect to http://www.taxonweb.be and give it a try 😉
To install the software on Window 8 64bit:
- don’t attach the eID reader yet
- goto http://eid.belgium.be and run eID Quick Install (see above)
- attach the eID reader when asked
- you may have to restart your PC when the eID Quick Install wizard is finished
- the eID reader driver is automatically installed and it should be possible now to read your eID