Procedure for activating a BlackBerry 7100/8700.
BES – Performing a wireless Enterprise Activation on a RIM BlackBerry. (BlackBerry Enterprise Server 4.0, BlackBerry Handheld Software version 4.0, BlackBerry Handheld Software version 4.1).
Wireless enterprise activation enables a user to remotely activate a handheld on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server without a physical network connection. Wireless enterprise activation can also be used to deploy a large quantity of BlackBerry handhelds.
- Verify the RIM BlackBerry is using Handheld Software version 4.0 or later.
- Verify the RIM BlackBerry is integrated with BlackBerry Enterprise Server version 4.0 or later.
- Verify the device displays at least two bars of signal and has a GPRS or EDGE (data) attached.
- Obtain the Enterprise Activation password from your BES/IT Administrator.
Activating the handheld over the wireless network:
- Scroll to and select the Enterprise Activation icon (to select push the trackwheel in).
- If the icon does not appear, scroll to and select Options>Enterprise Activation.
- On the RIM BlackBerry 7100, scroll to and select Settings>Options>Enterprise Activation.
- On the RIM BlackBerry 8700, scroll to and select Settings>Options>Advanced Options>Enterprise Activation.
- Enter the email address and password information.
NOTE: The Enterprise Activation password is provided by your BES/IT Administrator.
- Click the trackwheel, select Activate.
- The device will display the status of the process. This may take several moments.
- Once the activation is complete, the “Activation Complete” dialog box will appear.
- Click OK.
- If further assistance is needed, please contact your BES/IT Administrator.